Adhaar card is one of the important documents a person has to prove his identity. It has many details like name, gender, age, date of birth, etc. It gives a unique identity to a person as it requires prints of the fingers and retina image of a person.
Now, at the time of enrolment, you may have entered any wrong details, or by mistake, information on your adhaar card is not correct. What will you do now?
Unique Identification Authority of India has made some provisions so that you can edit aadhar card details online as well as offline.
Note: A registered mobile number is essential for updating information in the adhaar card online. A coloured scanned copy of the original document should be submitted for correction of the required field.
Steps to be followed to edit adhaar details online
- Visit the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update for updating or correcting the printed details on your card.
- Enter your adhaar number and text verification in the given boxes.
- Click on send OTP. You will receive an OTP or one-time password on your registered mobile number. You will receive this OTP only when your mobile number is registered with them. If your mobile number is not registered, you will have to visit your nearest Aadhar Enrollment Center and get your phone number registered.
- Enter this OTP in the given column, and you will be on the next web page.
- Here, you will have to select the field that you want to update like Name, Gender, Date of birth(DOB), address, Mobile number, Email Id, etc.
- After that, you will fill the new details as you want to be printed in the adhaar card. Like if you want to change the address, write the new address in the columns provided.
- The next field will be ‘documents upload’ where you have to upload the necessary documentation.
- After that, you have to select the BPO service provider and finally submit the request.
- Get a printed copy of the updated information.
Your information will be sent for validation. Once verified, you will receive an updated adhaar card.
Please note that the process of updating, modifying, or editing Aadhar card details will take some time. So, you may want to keep checking the status of your aadhar card or the change request by following the steps given in this below given article:
#editaadharcarddetailsonline #aadharcard #changeadahaarcard #modifyadhaarcard