Do you want to apply for adhaar card online? Here, we will help you go through the process that will let you know how to make adhaar card online.
The unique identification authority of India has issued a 12 digit adhaar number or adhaar card to a citizen to avail benefits under different government schemes like receiving a subsidy on LPG connection, verification of bank account, Government housing plans, etc. An adhaar card represents the universal identity of a person, and no individual can have more than one adhaar number.
Eligibilty criteria for Adhaar card:
- A person applying for adhaar card should be a citizen of India.
- NRI are also eligible to apply for the card.
- Any foreign citizen living in India can also apply for the card.
- Anyone can apply for adhaar card irrespective of his age.
Documents required for adhaar card:
- Passport, PAN card, Driving license, Ration card, Voter card for ID proof.
- Water bill, electricity bills and telephone bills not older than three months.
Note: Adhaar card cannot be made online but you can download it once you have enrolled for it at the Adhaar card centre. Also, you can update adhaar details, check update status and verify adhaar number online using the official website of UIDAI. https://uidai.gov.in/
Procedure to make Adhaar card:
Locate enrolment centre using the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Get ready with your ID proof and Address proof and visit the nearest enrolment centre.
- At the Adhaar card or enrolment centre, your face, iris and fingers will be scanned along with all the necessary documents.
- The officer present there will show you the details which will be printed on your adhaar card. You will be required to review and hence edit the details at the enrolment centre.
- Finally, you will get an acknowledgement slip which can be used for future reference.
- It will take 90 days or more for the whole procedure to be completed. During this period, you can check the status of your adhaar card online using the official website.
- After the verification of the documents provided, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number. Now, you can easily print the duplicate adhaar card online.
- You can download e Adhaar using the following link: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
This form needs to be filled using the acknowledgement slip to download adhaar card.
After this whole process, you will get your adhaar card at your residence by post. If any discrepancy is found, the authority might send you the information by post and instruct to re-enroll using correct details with documents.