Delhi government is granting fee reimbursement for SC/ST/OBC in the city so that these students can complete their studies. For the progress of this category, Delhi government launched the Delhi welfare scheme to help students to move further and achieve their goals. With this Sarkari Yojna, Students will get their fee as refund plus many other benefits. Read them below.
Monetary support is being given as grants and loans to these category students.
Many steps have been taken in the direction of improvement of students under this Delhi Sarkari Yojana. Some of them are as under:
- Students who are belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority class would be provided with free stationery.
- At the school level, merit scholarship will be provided to students scoring 55% and above in the previous examination.
- At the college level, students scoring 60% or above in their last test will receive a merit scholarship.
- Under the educational scheme, the annual income limit has been increased from 48000 to 1 lakh, and the parents should now produce an affidavit as income proof. As a result of that, many SC/ST/OBC/Minority students have been benefitted by this Delhi government scheme.
Dr B.R. Ambedkar State Award to SC/ST/OBC/Minority students
At the graduation level, Rs. 8000 will be awarded to students, belonging to these categories, in each discipline.
Eligibility criteria for this Award
- The student must have passed his 10th and 12th class from Delhi.
- It is the merit-based award which is given to the toppers of technical or professional courses, so the criterion of family income has been omitted.
- The meritorious student is awarded at the end of the course.
Fee reimbursement for SC/ST/OBC in Delhi
According to this Delhi welfare scheme, students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minorities will be given the refund of tuition and other fees in the public schools of Delhi, if their family income is below two lakhs per annum.
To apply for this scheme visit the under mentioned link: